CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

August 6, 2008

Baby Ezra

... this is what she does when the baby next to her starts crying (covering her ear)...
...opening her eyes and taking a peek around...

With what little time I have, I think this is going to be my best option to keep everyone updated on the baby. I am going to try my best to add an upate on a weekly basis. I will also try to add pictures, but the NICU is often dim, and obviously no flash is allowed, so they rarely come out well enough to see. She does so many cute and funny things, so if you want to see them, I guess you will just have to come visit! (Just kidding.)

Last Monday, July 28th 2008, our baby girl decided it was time to come into the world... three months early. Ezra Lucy Brown was born at 6:39PM and weighed a whopping 1 LB. 14 OZ. She came out kicking, and there is no doubt in our minds we will have a hard time keeping up with this little firecracker. She has progressed considerably in the time she has been in the NICU. She started with a breathing tube down her throat, progressed to a nasal mask within a couple days, and is now wearing a nasal cannula, which is one of those air tubes you see old people wear in their noses when they are on oxygen. The next step is a smaller nasal cannula, and then room air. She is off of antibiotics and drinking a substantial amount of milk (along with IV fluids), which increases every day. As with all babies, she lost weight after birth, and is now up to about 2 LBS. 1 OZ. She loves holding her Mommy, and hearing her Daddy read stories. She gets lots of love and visitors, and we are so thankful to all of you for you thoughts and prayers.



7 comments:

Alissa said...

She's beautiful! It's wonderful to hear she's doing well. I think it's so cute Jarom reads to her. I'm glad you're going to post pics on here. Now we can be blogging buddies too :)

Halversen Happenings said...

Ezra is so cute! Thanks for keeping us all informed on her progress. It stinks that we're so far away, so this will have to do. :( Anyway, thanks for sharing and I love you!!

Price Cream Parlor said...

We are thrilled that she is progressing so well! All three of you are in our thoughts and prayers daily! We love you! Thanks for the update!

Shelly said...

Congratulations! Jarom used to work with my husband Ryan and my parents are in Jarom's parents ward. I came across your blog and thought we would give you a hello. We hope all continues to go well. She is so cute!

Davis Fam said...

I absolutely love her (and you guys), but you already know that!! We are going to have to do something soon. I hope everything is going well. You are in our thoughts and prayers :)

Whit & Shane said...

she is beautiful heather..I am so glad I was able to meet her. I cant want to see her again, thanks again for last night! I had a blast, can't wait for House Bunny.. lol love you
whit <3

Price Cream Parlor said...

Just checking in to see any new photos.....I speak to Grandma to get updates on baby Ezra. We love you and continue to pray for her!